Will Not install

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Word 2010 says there is an error during installation!

....becuase the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest or its location is not trusted. details follow...

Name: Word to Xaml Converter

From: file:///C:/Users/mike/Desktop/WordToXamlInstaller/WordToXaml.vsto

************** Exception Text **************

System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for Word to Xaml Converter or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustPromptKeyInternal(ClickOnceTrustPromptKeyValue promptKeyValue, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustUsingPromptKey(Uri manifest, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

I installed office 2010 just to use this add-in.

That is the way it goes, but it is a dissapointment.

NOW THEN, How do I get this half installed code off my machine?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2010 at 2:14 AM

I'm sorry but we're working on getting a propperly signed version uploaded.

I don't think it installed at all.

Michael

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:24 PM
mscherotter wrote:

I'm sorry but we're working on getting a propperly signed version uploaded.

I don't think it installed at all.

Michael

Is there any ETA on when a properly signed version will be available?

Thanks, Lyle

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Does anyone know when this might be installable to Word 2010?

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Is there any update? The tool is still not working.. Why don't you let us download the exe file? No need of having clickonce thing... 

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 10:56 PM

This is an example project meant for developers, not a supported application.  It is a dll, not an exe that installs via ClickOnce if you follow the instructions on the front page.

You can always download the source code, and build it yourself with Visual Studio.

Michael

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I haven't been able to find out where to download the source code. Any hints would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 6:43 PM
  1. Click on the Source Code tab at the top of this page
  2. Click on the Latest Version/Download link in the upper right of the page.

Michael

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:47 PM

(slaps forehead)

That's the fastest I've ever gotten a response from anyone on Codeplex. :)

BTW, I'm planning on using this code inside a silverlight app, hopefully with drag-n-drop. Do you foresee any problems, or can you provide any heads-up kind of info?

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Hi,

I would love to try this, but I can't install it because of the same error: "Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for Word to Xaml Converter or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.". I also downloaded the source, but can't open one of the projects (WordToXaml) because of a feature that is not installed?